Monday, January 23, 2012

Maximum overload

Well, we caught another break in the weather with temps over the weekend struggling to reach 67 degrees, but it was enough with the severe weather forecasted for the Dixie Alley to spark me to get out and set up the Maximum Signal equiptment in the chase vehicle.

What can I say, the system was a snap to get into place.  I spent a few days deciding where to route the antenna wire and finding a suitable place to put the power souce in the Blazer.  I had thought about placing the unit behind the console and plug into the new receptacle.  However, this would leave very little chance to connect/disconnect if I needed to, unless I pulled over to the side of the road.  Not a good call when your rolling.  So, I decided to move the antenna away from the back glass and run it through the rear passenger side door and down along the floor between the seats.  This freed up the tight range of the 10' line that barely made it to the front console from the rear.  I routed the interior antenna and placed it over the overhead console allowing perfect line of sight for the wireless signal.  All in all, it went very smoothly and after all the lines were connected, I powered up the unit and waited for the little blue LED to shine letting you know everythings in working order.  To my delight, it powered up and was ready to extend my reach to for broadcasting this season.  Next page update will display the new 10 USB hub that will allow me to switch camera views.  Hurry up Amazon, I want my order!!!

Interior Antenna placed on the above console.

Place the unit directly on the passenger side of my radio box.





Routed the interior antenna wire across to the passenger side windshield
and brought the line down to the unit.



Exterior Antenna routed from the roof door through the passenger
side windown channel.


Powers on, the light is BLUE.  Ready for the season to begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment