Monday, March 18, 2013

Comet Pan-Starrs final view....

Last night to see the comet before the clouds roll in for the weekend.  I decided to move to another location to mix up the scenery a bit.  My choice was just down the road from where I live which made it easy to get to, and the temps were holding around 70 degrees.  Not a bad night to see the comet.  Here is the view leading to the viewing of the comet.






It wasn't until afterwards did I realize that centered in the frame was one of the Storm sirens used during severe weather.  This to me, was the combination of both of my hobbies rolled into one.  I had a good time seeing this unworldly body pass through our solar system.  I look forward to next fall when Comet ISON makes an even closer pass to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment