Monday, March 18, 2013

Comet Pan-Starrs second capture.

Ok, tonight is suppose to be the big night and surprisingly the weather gave way to clearer skies than the night before.  I decided to stick closer to home this time and run 7 miles east too shoot this time against the cities lights.  Here is what Starry Night had to give:


Ok, so according to the image, the moon will be directly above the comet still riding higher in the sky than it truly is.  Now onto the pics of my location leading up to the Comets viewing.


Now really, does that seem to be in the same place as what the Starry Night is displaying?? I think not.  But I have my moon and spent the next 20 minutes looking for the Comet directly below the moon.  So, here's the moon:

 And sure enough, I find the Comet about 25 degrees above the horizon.


In case you cant see it... hows this...


At this point I'm increasing my exposure time so the comets starting to become better looking as in thr pics below.




Much to my relief, the comet put on a pretty good showing until it faded into the distant clouds.  I have one more clear night on Thursday to get it in before the rain moves in later in the week.  Hope to see it once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment